What is KSC Open?
KSC Open empowers you to use the web as a platform for creative expression, critical thinking, and integrative learning— inviting you to connect your learning in unique ways based on your experiences and interests.
How Does it Work?
KSC Open allows you to register a personal domain name and provides you with a free, hosted web space. Participating faculty, staff, and peers, will provide you with support as you shape your thoughts and ideas, build a digital presence, and share what you are learning with your peers and experts.
Why KSC Open?
Critical and independent thinking, a hallmark of a liberal education, is at the core of KSC Open. With access to a domain and digital tools for creating and learning, KSC Open offers you a platform for creative expression, critical thinking, and integrative learning. KSC Open offers you the opportunity to
- develop strategies to build a digital identity through designing and curating a personal domain that represents your work in the classroom, your co-curricular activities, and your personal interests
- cultivate digital fluency to understand the personal, social, cultural, and political complexities of the web, and to navigate and critically resist digital technologies
- create information and knowledge by integrating your coursework, undergraduate research, creative endeavors, and partnerships in the College and Keene communities
- make connections through creative and critical work with others using digital tools to build your own project portfolios, exhibits, galleries, blogs, or wikis
- share your ideas and engage others with your interests and expertise through digital scholarship and citizenship
What happens when I graduate?
Students learn to manage their domain throughout their College years and can move anything they create to another hosting provider or an individual account when they graduate. You can transition your account from your cPanel in a few clicks. You can also transition to another hosting provider; costs and services will vary but we recommend Reclaim Hosting. For more information about migrating your KSCopen site, read How do I migrate my site.
Content on the parent site KSCopen.org, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.